Vedhavalli Sundar has always been a home maker. Her kids always pampered her through the baking stuff and this adventure of baking led her to be a home baker.
1. Hi Vedha , Welcome to the interview session of Annie’s Blog. To start with,we would request you to tell us a few lines about yourself.
I am a home maker turned home baker. I post graduated in plant science and I chose to be a home maker. My kids continued to pamper me through baking stuff and this led to the adventure of me being a creative cake artist.
2. How did you get started with baking? At what age did you bake your first
I started baking for kids, family and friends. They loved the end product and encouraged me to venture into new varieties.
3. How was your first baking experience?
I have been successful in my very first baking and never had failed in my baking attempts. This pushed me to experiment more and understand the concept behind baking.
4. How did you learn baking?
I learnt basics from you-tube channels and developed my skills by attending cake decorating classes before venturing into business.
5. When did you decide to become a professional baker and start your baking business? What was the inspiration behind the decision?
I found my cakes were going a hit among my family and friends that gave me
confidence to become a professional baker. My Husband was my inspiration
behind the decision.
6. Please tell us about your baking company The Baker’s Box.
The Baker’s Box is based in Chennai. The company specializes in customized thematic cakes for all occasions. We bake specialized cupcakes, brownies and cookies. All our products are made out of authentic handpicked raw materials and preservative free.
7. What are some of the challenging cake ideas that you performed till date?
3D Cakes and celebrity figures are the most challenging ones and I love to
design those cakes.
8. What are some of the signature products of your company? Which one is
your personal favorite?
3D Cakes and thematic cakes. My personal favorite is 3D cakes. One of my personal favorites is the camera cake.
9. Being a baker, you must have had to overcome challenges. Please tell us
My biggest challenge is delivery of tiered cakes. I assemble the complicated cake structure at the venue.
10. Narrate some of your success stories.
Every cake has a story behind it. The success of the cakes all depends on the
feedback provided by the clients. I have experienced many cloud nine moments when my clients appreciated my work and rated my work as best.
11. What plans do you have to scale your business operations?
As of now I want to build up a stronger brand and establish my company in the market.
12. Your advice to those who wish to take up baking as a profession?
My advice would be to first attend baking courses, practice, be skillful and then venture into the business.
13. If you have had one wish.
To deliver a huge and fabulous wedding cake.
Vedhavalli Sundar: Founder at The Baker’s Box
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/vedhavallis